What is an example of a CBT treatment?


Let’s say someone named Maya feels anxious every morning before work. She often thinks, “What if I make a mistake and everyone judges me?”

In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), the therapist helps her see how these thoughts create her feelings and actions.

  • Identify the thought – Maya notices her worry, “I will fail today.”
  • Challenge the thought – The therapist asks her to find facts that support or disprove it.
  • Replace the thought – She changes it to, “I’ve done well before, I can do well again.”
  • Practice a new behavior – She starts her tasks calmly and takes breaks to reset.

After a few sessions, Maya’s confidence grows and her anxiety lowers.

This simple process - notice, question, and change unhelpful thoughts - is a clear example of CBT treatment.

At Vive Wellness Therapy, we believe healing starts with understanding your thoughts and emotions. We offer compassionate, evidence-based therapy like CBT to help you manage anxiety, build confidence, and feel balanced again. Our goal is to help you live mindfully, not just manage symptoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unmet Needs in Relationships: How Attachment Styles Drive Couples to Therapy

Is EMDR Therapy Right for You? Insights from Vancouver Psychotherapists

EMDR Therapy in Halifax: Healing Beyond Talk Therapy (Online Across Nova Scotia)